Thursday, April 29, 2010

The news

My head is spinning. I am holding my breath. I am in the bathroom of a dollar general store with my 17 year old daughter. Praying in my mind that she doesn't have to go down the same path that I did. She finishes peeing and hands me the stick. Before I can even get my eyes focused good on the little window. There it is, a plus sign. The whole window isn't even wet so I hope against hope that when the three minutes are up it will somehow change. Now the tears start to well as I tell her, "well go ahead and flush. And while your flushing just know that you have just flushed your life away!" Now I'm in a fog walking around the store trying to gather my thoughts. I am angry. I feel like my head is about to explode...I'm hot I can't even speak. When I do speak I am screaming..."your movie plans you had for tonight go ahead and cancel those! You will be in your room until further notice!" Now we are at the car I am in full blown tears. She is comforting ME! "Don't cry mom," she says and we hug. what do you mean don't cry. You are a good student you have everything going for you! Your life is JUST about to take flight and now what?! NOW what?! She hugs me again..."I'm sorry mom." I wipe my tears...Well, what ARE you gonna do? "I don't know, abortion," she says with a big question mark on her face. I stare in to her beautiful brown eyes...Let's go home....

No comments:

Post a Comment